Community response networks (CRNs) are responding to the COVID-19 emergency in the communities across the province!
The BC CRN recommends that CRNs follow the BC Ministry of Health’s recommendations when planning events and activities.
With so much conflicting information being circulated, here are the most reliable and current sources to stay informed:
During this time, CRN activities which can be done virtually are encouraged and will be supported by the use of virtual platforms, emails, and telephone calls.
All CRNs are being asked to consult with their affiliates and create appropriate ways to reach out to the vulnerable populations in their community. This can include setting up telephone trees, chat boxes, and other electronic methods.
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day on June 15 (if the situation continues) will be marked by communities finding unique ways to help to break the isolation of vulnerable adults as well as other ways to provide safe communication for those in the community who are fearful or are being abused.
There is so much we can do when we all work together.
Please contact us to share how your CRN is making a difference in your community!
The Isolation Pandemic – COVID 19 and the Social Determinants of Health:
Select the links below to view the speaker materials from The Isolation Pandemic – COVID 19 and the Social Determinants of Health:
- Age, Gender, and Sexual Orientation as Social Determinants of Health & Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic: Findings from a National Survey by Gloria Gutman and Robert Beringer
- The Loneliness Pandemic: What is it, What’s being done, and for whom? by Kiffer Card
- The Challenge to Move Upstream: Social Determinants of Health in Vancouver During COVID-19 and Beyond by Peter Marriott
- Responding to COVID-19: The Value of Municipal and Community Based Relationships by Sahra-Lea Tosdevine-Tataryn
- Addressing Older Adult Isolation in Mount Pleasant by Daniela Gunn-Doerge
- The Importance of ‘Caring for the Caregiver’ by Ric Dilworth
- Engaging Community for Residents: Benefits, Boundaries and Barriers by Susan Moore
News articles/publications on CRN Responses to the pandemic:
Castlegar: IRIS grocery & medication deliveries
Courtenay/Comox/Campbell River: Local love in a global crisis: COVID-19 service updates
Hope: COVID-19 Support Tree
Revelstoke: CRN coordinating help for most vulnerable
Tri-Cities: We are all in this together
Resources & information:
Frauds & scams to be aware of: