We are officially on winter break! Whether you were a volunteer presenter or a guest at one of our free webinars, thank you for your support!
First Session for 2023 Now Open for Registration
January 17, 2023 | Essential Legal Planning Documents for BC by Joanne Taylor, Executive Director, Nidus Personal Planning Resource Centre and Registry.
The presentation will provide session participants with:
- An overview of legal planning documents available under BC legislation, which include Representation Agreements, Enduring Powers of Attorney, Wills
- An introduction to the Nidus Registry service
Joanne Taylor has led the education in BC on planning for the future, also called advance care planning, for over 30 years both as a volunteer and, since 2000, as Executive Director of the Nidus Personal Planning Resource Centre. Nidus is a non-profit, charitable organization. Joanne has helped thousands of people learn about, make and register a Representation Agreement, a made-in-BC planning document.
Save the Date!
February 21, 2023 | The Adult Guardianship Act – Details to follow.
Recordings and Resources Available for all 2022 Provincial Learning Events
If you missed any of our webinars from 2022 or 2021, recordings are available from our website free of charge. Some of the topics we covered this year include:
- New resources and services from Seniors First BC, and the Council of Senior Citizens Organizations of BC (COSCO)
- Adult abuse and neglect law in BC
- Adult abuse and neglect prevention
- Digital security
- Financial resilience and empowerment
- Family caregiving
Provincial Learning Events take place on the third Tuesday of the month from 10:30 AM to 12 Noon (PDT). These webinars are always free of charge, and everyone is welcome.
Header Photo: Stock image, MicroSoft Office 365.