- UBC Events – Black History Month: February is Black History Month. While we should celebrate Black history and excellence every day, this is an opportunity for a focused, intentional and elevated reflection and recognition of Black history and achievement – and the many historical and contemporary contributions of Black Canadians, Black British Columbians and Black students, faculty and staff at UBC.
- Black History Month Digital Toolkit: Produced by the Government of Canada, this digital toolkit contains posters, colouring pages, and social media banners to help you promote your Black History Month content and activities.
- Flipping the Stigma On Its Ear Toolkit: The purpose of this toolkit is to recognize and respond to this stigma and discrimination. It has been designed by people with dementia to help others – including other people living with dementia, the people who support them, and those who do research – to address the challenges of stigma and discrimination. The toolkit was also developed as part of a participatory action research project “Putting Social Citizenship into Practice: Reducing Stigma and Promoting Social Inclusion of People with Dementia”, funded by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research.
- The Hub, hosted by the Nelson Committee on Homelessness: Located at 521 Vernon Street in Nelson, BC, The Hub is a safe, drop-in space where anyone living in the area can relax on the couch, have a snack, a cold drink, or a cup of coffee or tea, make a phone call, meet a friend, do some art, grab some clothes, and take a break from the weather. Other services on site include Harm Reduction Supplies and e-OPS (limited hours), OAT/Safer supply consultations and intakes, street outreach, health services, peer employment counseling, and coordinated access. The Hub is open every day from 1-5 PM. Contact 778-463-5475 or email@example.com for more information.
- Chinese Community Response Network 華人社區響應網絡 – British Columbia 加拿大卑詩省 Facebook Page: Packed with high-quality content on adult abuse and neglect resources and upcoming engagement events, this new social media page for the Chinese CRN is super helpful to Chinese and English speakers alike. (For English translation, be sure to click “Translate” in each post.) Be sure to “Like” and “Follow” their page.
- Canada HomeShare by NICE: Canada HomeShare™ is an intergenerational housing solution by the National Initiative for the Care of the Elderly (NICE). The team matches older adult home providers with students to create mutually beneficial living solutions. The program aims to support aging in place for older adults while providing safe and affordable housing solutions for post-secondary students.
“Like” Facebook or “follow” us on Twitter to receive the latest resources on adult abuse and neglect.
(Header photo: Kootenay IRIS/Castlegar CRN)