The province’s Community Response Networks (CRNs) have been spreading the word on adult abuse, neglect, and self-neglect prevention with their local news outlets. Check out their editorials and articles below.
- Castlegar seniors ‘Engaging in Aging’, Castlegar News, June 25, 2022
- Seniors abuse under-reported says BC Seniors Advocate at Maple Ridge event, Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows News, June 23, 2022.
- Letter: Thanks for supporting World Elder Abuse Awareness Day event, TriCity News, June 20, 2022.
- Community organizations increase online activities to help the elderly expand their living circles under the epidemic, Ming Pao, June 16, 2022. (Chinese)
- Caring for the Elderly: I Wrote a Short TV Drama, Wei Xin, June 16, 2022. (Chinese)
- World Focus on Elder Abuse Day CRN Holds Large-scale Sharing Session, Sing Tao News, June 16, 2022. (Chinese)
- Greater Victoria asked to mark elder abuse awareness day June 15, Sooke News Mirror, June 14, 2022.
- Community ties help keep vulnerable adults safe, Revelstoke Review, June 15, 2022.
- Jas Cheema and Surendra Handa speak about World Elder Abuse Awareness Day, Red FM Vancouver, June 15, 2022.
- New West to recognize World Elder Abuse Awareness Day on June 15, New Westminster Record, June 14, 2022.
- Greater Victoria asked to mark elder abuse awareness day June 15, Victoria News, June 14, 2022.
- Seniors support provided at WEAAD event in Williams Lake, The Williams Lake Tribune, June 9, 2022.
- Duncan Seniors Expo aims to help people age well, Lake Cowichan Gazette, June 4, 2022.
- June is World Elder Abuse Awareness Month, Prince George Citizen, June 4, 2022.
- Castlegar seniors advocate Sandi McCreight named Citizen of the Year, Castlegar News, June 1, 2022.
- Seniors’ Week to honour contributions to communities of Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows, Maple Ridge – Pitt Meadows News, May 26, 2022.
- This Coquitlam event will help seniors stay healthy, TriCity News, May 28, 2022.
(Header Photo: WEAAD 2022 billboard in Port Moody. Source: K. Kuhn)