|Spotlight on: BC CRN Research & Evaluation
BC CRN is an early pioneer in adult abuse and neglect prevention methods.
|Seniors “Knit Warm” for Lunar New Year
The Chinese community response network (CRN) through MOSAIC was one of several community organizations that banded together to reach out to some of Vancouver’s most vulnerable.
|The Isolation Pandemic: COVID-19 & the Social Determinants of Health
Register now for the Lower Mainland Living Out Visibly Engaged (LOVE) CRN’s free daylong online on March 18, 2021. The session focuses on the effects of prolonged isolation resulting from the pandemic.
|CRNs At Work
Our CRNs have been hard at work all month.
Check out the photos of what they’ve been up to.
Volunteer of the Month
We’re happy to introduce you to Meagan Reid-Wolfe, co-coordinator of the Chetwynd CRN, as our February volunteer of the month! Kudos, Meagan, for everything you are doing for the community!
|Provincial Learning Event
Sign up today for our March 16, 2021 webinar called The Fraud Double Feature.
|Our Top 4:
Resources of the Month
|Our Top 5:
Headlines of the Month
|Campaigns & Professional
Please click here for information on how community response networks (CRNs) are responding to the COVID-19 emergency in their communities.
The BC Association of Community Response Networks upholds the Calls for Justice in the Reclaiming Power and Place: The Final Report of the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls. Please read the full statement here.
CRN’s In the Media
- North Thompson Star/Journal: Helping seniors to live at home in the Barriere area
- Revelstoke Review: RevyHelps – Coordinated effort to make sure everyone is looked after
- New Westminster Record: B.C. seniors offered free smartphone and discounted mobility plan
- Trail Times: Beaver Valley seniors gifted ACTIVE-ity bags
- Revelstoke Review: Connect with a senior in Revelstoke in new video series
- Tofino-Ucluelet Westerly News: Pacific Rim Hospice Society seeking feedback from Older Adults
- Charity Hockey Game Raises Funds for Castlegar Seniors
Hockey teams in Castlegar are raising money for seniors! Read more here.
- Program Offering Rides to Seniors!
The Castlegar CRN is very excited to announce the introduction of a transportation assistance program for seniors, organized by IRIS (Increasing Recreation Involving Seniors). The program is going to focus on areas that other programs don’t cover, such as trips to the grocery store, pharmacy and IRIS events. Since there is already a volunteer driver program in the area that covers medical trips, doctor visits will not be a priority. Read more about the program here!