- This event has passed.
Regional Symposium – The Isolation Pandemic: Covid-19 and the Social Determinants of Health
March 18, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
The Isolation Pandemic: COVID-19 & the Social Determinants of Health
The Lower Mainland Living Out Visibly Engaged (LOVE) CRN is hosting a free daylong online event focusing on the topic of the effects of prolonged isolation resulting from the pandemic.
The program so far includes:
- Two panel discussions that focus on:
- Learning about and sharing what is known about the pandemic and its effects.
- Learning more about the longer-term effects of prolonged isolation and strategies for reducing the isolation of vulnerable populations
- A presentation from the City of Vancouver on their report on how vulnerable populations have been affected by COVID-19.
- A presentation from SFU Gerontology to share the results of a national study of the effects of the pandemic on social health determinants they participated in.
- A presentation from the City of Surrey focusing on the relationships that have been built between the municipality and local community organization to combat the virus and isolation.
- Opportunities to share your unique learnings with other like organizations and teams.
- Opportunities to network.
All are welcome to participate. More program details to come. Please check back for updates!
Please note: This event focuses on the Vancouver Lower Mainland perspective and will offer examples from the Fraser and Vancouver Coastal Health regions.
Learn more about the Lower Mainland LOVE CRN. To get involved in this event or with the LOVE CRN, please contact CRN Coordinator Neil Fernyhough at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-535-0015 Ext. 236.