How to Report Abuse

How to Report Abuse

BC does not have a law saying you must report abuse.  However, Part 3 of the Adult Guardianship Act says if you do make a report to a designated agency, that agency is mandated to respond to the report (and in the least intrusive way).  Please review our designated agencies page for further details of where to report your concerns.

Decision Tree – Information for Effective Referrals 

Want to learn more about how to assist a senior or older adult who is being abused, neglected or is self-neglecting?  Please review “A Decision Tree for Effective Referrals for Adults in BC” for more information.




Additional Documents

Decision Tree Presentation (April 2019) and Evaluation Form

Presentation: Decision Tree Effective Referral in Abuse and Neglect